Just Hello Really

Its a relief that its all sorted out at last. Obviously as time goes on and her conditin gets worst we might be looking into hoists as I amm 55 now and by that time I might be too old to transfer her and we would need help .

We havent gone down the pip route yet but a stime goes on we might have to.

I would recommend it - you deserve it it’s not like you’re making anything up!

I suggest you do claim PIP. It’s there for people like you. There are a fair number of hoops to jump through, the forms are long and not easy, and you need to supply as much evidence as possible to support your statements.

Have a look at Personal Independence Payment - Citizens Advice

You might find that your local CAB are able to help you with the claim form.

Sue

And the best advice for anyone going to a PIP assessment - take someone with you! Even if it’s the postman who sits there saying nothing, having someone there WILL improve your chances of getting a fair assessment in my view…

I was chatting to my wife about the pip subject and she seems to think that she will be worst off financially so we are gonna leave it out for now.

It’s not possible to be worse off financially from an award of PIP. It’s not taxable and not included in the calculation of any other benefits. So although it’s a pain to apply for, and face to face assessments are challenging and possibly worrying, it can’t hurt to apply.

Have a look at Personal Independence Payment - Citizens Advice It will tell you the basic rules of qualification and also will back up what I’ve said about an award not affecting other income or tax.

The only affect it could have is in making it possible for a carer to qualify for Carers Allowance. I’m assuming here that you are both aged under 65. If I’m wrong, then slightly different rules apply. Which I’ll gladly explain if that’s the case.

Sue

Yes - just to reiterate, PIP cannot and will not impact on any other financial situation you are in, it is not means testes, no other benefits will be affected - so it’s a no risk application (aside from the sometimes negative experience of the assessment itself I guess!). Good luck!!!