dreaded uroligist tomorrow

Kev maybe you need a different antibiotic or a longer course as it’s actually not killing every last bit of infection for it to come back so quickly. Doesn’t sound right for it to be so regularly. Hope you get on top of it and feel better soon x

Oh KeV, I do hope you get on top of this, and feel better soon.

Pam x

Jeb I used to keep dose of antibiotics spare and take them straight away. Trimethaprim never seemed to work for me. Hope you get it sorted. Don

Hi Kev, Like Don I keep a course of antibiotics at home, I have had so many UTIs that I know the signs, I don’t wait for a urine sample test. I find if I start the course immediately I notice theres something wrong I generally get over it in considerably less time. As Cath suggests, I would imagine you need a stronger or longer course of antibiotics. Really hope you will soon be feeling better. Nina x

Yes, I’m sure you’re both right. But as I said I now have an arrangement with my GP- as you suggest, I have sample bottles at home ready, and a spare packet of antibiotics. I get the sample off ASAP and book a phone appointment with the GP. The only thing I don’t do is start the antibiotics before I’ve spoken to her.

Hi

Thought I’d let you know my appointment was fine. I went with my intake/output chart which was useful. We had a long chat and had a bladder scan. Anyway, I’m down for botox in 2-3 months time. It will be done under a general anaesthetic the 1st time where they’ll have a good look around as well. After that, if it’s beneficial for me It will be done under a local after about 6 months.

I went away a happy bunny!

Sarah x

Sarah I’m really pleased you got a proper examination and a treatment plan that you’re happy with. Good luck with the virus, I’ve heard about a few people who’ve had botox and are doing well on it. Please let us know how you get on with it.

Cath xx

That’s good news Sarah and like Cath said I have only heard good stuff about boric. Hope all goes well.

DON

Going to see urologist for the first time re super pubic catheter ,(probably spelt it all wrong) any advice on first visit please

you will be better starting a new thread as you have answerd an old one,it is 4 yr old.