|Welcome||Your Profile||Your Practice||Results|
If you want to save your calculations, please login.
Nurse Cost Calculator©
The Nurse Cost Calculator© is a tool that breaks down in detail the cost of one individual post, such as an MS specialist.
It can be used to build a business case for employing a specialist practitioner or show the cost savings that this one post brings the NHS.
- The total cost of a person’s employment
- The time they are available to work with patients (as against the actual time they are available to work)
- The average cost per contact
- The average cost per episode of care
- Income generated or costs saved
Before you start
To complete this form you will need to have a rough idea of:
- Your average monthly expenses on travel and telephone bills
- Your yearly holiday allowance, in days
- Basic statistics about your clinical activity, such as the average number of patient contacts per week, most common conditions for admission, and the average time that a patient may stay under your clinic's care.
If you are using this tool to make a formal business case, the 'set tariffs' control allows you to replace the default national tariffs with your own regional tariffs for a more accurate calculation.